|John C. Breckinridge|
Politician, Military (21-Jan-1821 17-May-1875)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William Davis. John C. Breckinridge: Statesman, Soldier, Symbol. Baton Rouge, LA: Louisiana State University Press. 1974.
Lowell Hayes Harrison. John Breckinridge: Jeffersonian Republican. Filson Club. 1969. 243pp.
Frank Heck. Proud Kentuckian: John C. Breckinridge, 1821-1875. University Press of Kentucky. 1976. 171pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.132)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.202)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.134)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.103)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (p.35)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.86)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.104)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.32)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.167)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications