Military (27-Jan-1900 8-Jul-1986)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Clay Blair. The Atomic Submarine and Admiral Rickover. Henry Holt. 1954. 277pp.
Heather M. David. Admiral Rickover and the Nuclear Navy. Putnam. 1970. 223pp.
Francis Duncan. Rickover and the Nuclear Navy: The Discipline of Technology. Naval Institute Press. 1990. 374pp. Released as Rickover: The Struggle for Excellence, 2001.
Francis Duncan. Rickover: The Struggle for Excellence. Naval Institute Press. 2001. 364pp.
Norman Polmar; Thomas Allen. Rickover: Controversy and Genius: A Biography. Simon & Schuster. 1982. 744pp.
Theodore Rockwell. The Rickover Effect: How One Man Made a Difference. iUniverse. 2002. 488pp.
Patrick Tyler. Running Critical: The Silent War, Rickover, and General Dynamics. New York, NY: HarperTrade. 1986. 374pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.934)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.597)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1241)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.873)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.420)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.610)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.482b)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.275)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.408)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications