|James Freeman Clarke|
Religion, Author (4-Apr-1810 8-Jun-1888)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Arthur S. Bolster. James Freeman Clarke: Disciple to Advancing Truth. Boston, MA: Beacon Press. 1954. 373pp.
Edward Everett Hale (editor). James Freman Clarke: Autobiography, Diary and Correspondence. Boston and New York: Houghton, Mifflin and Company. 1892. 430pp.
John Wesley Thomas. James Freeman Clarke: Apostle of German Culture to America. Boston, MA: John W. Luce. 1949. 168pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.316)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.204)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.147)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.155)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.136)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.168)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications