|John P. Marquand|
Novelist (10-Nov-1893 16-Jul-1960)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Stephen Birmingham. The Late John Marquand: A Biography. Philadelphia and New York: J. B. Lippincott. 1972. 322pp.
John J. Gross. John P. Marquand. Twayne. 1963. 191pp.
Robert D. Whipple, Jr. (editor). Essays on the Literature of American Novelist John P. Marquand (1893-1960). Edwin Mellen Press. 2005. 123pp.
Richard Wires. John P. Marquand and Mr. Moto: Spy Adventures and Detective Films. Ball State University. 1990. 128pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.270)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.157)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.912)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.473)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.655)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.473)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.687)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.330)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.458)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.10)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications