Religion, Translator (1492 6-Oct-1536)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
David Daniell. William Tyndale: A Biography. Yale University Press. 1994. 429pp.
Brian Moynahan. God's Bestseller: William Tyndale, Thomas More, and the Writing of the English Bible: A Story of Martyrdom and Betrayal. Macmillan. 2003. 422pp.
Brian Moynahan. If God Spare My Life: William Tyndale, the English Bible and Sir Thomas More: A Story of Martyrdom and Betrayal. Little, Brown. 2002. 422pp.
J. F. Mozley [James Frederic Mozley]. William Tyndale. New York: Macmillan. 1937. 364pp.
David Teems. Tyndale: The Man Who Gave God an English Voice. Thomas Nelson. 2012. 336pp.
C. H. Williams. William Tyndale. Nelson. 1969. 175pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1484)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.388)
- British Authors Before 1800 (pp.526-28)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1055)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.490)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.294)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.530)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications