Novelist (28-Apr-1926 19-Feb-2016)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Claudia Durst Johnson. Understanding To Kill a Mockingbird: A Student Casebook to Issues, Sources, and Historic Documents. Greenwood Press. 1984. 248pp.
Claudia Durst Johnson. To Kill A Mockingbird: Threatening Boundaries. Twayne. 1994. 125pp.
Charles J. Shields. Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee. New York: Henry Holt. 2006. 352pp.
Charles J. Shields. I Am Scout: A Biography of Harper Lee. New York: Henry Holt and Company. 2008. 246pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.144)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.418)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.849-51)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.588)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.429)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.489)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.9)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications