Publisher (1422 1491)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William Blades. The Life and Typography of William Caxton, England's First Printer: With Evidence of his Typographical Connection with Colard Manison, the Printer at Bruges: Compiled from Original Sources. Joseph Lilly. 1861. (2 vols.) 298pp. + 310pp.
Curt F. Buhler. William Caxton and His Critics: A Critical Reappraisal of Caxton's Contributions to the Enrichment of the English Language. Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press. 1960. 30pp.
Susan Cunnington. The Story of William Caxton. George Harrap & Co.. 1917. 191pp.
Richard Deacon. A Biography of William Caxton: The First English Editor, Printer, Merchant, and Translator. London: Muller. 1976. 198pp.
Charles Knight. William Caxton, the First English Printer: A Biography. London: Charles Knight and Company. 1844. 240pp.
George D. Painter. William Caxton: A Quincentenary Biography of England's First Printer. London: Chatto & Windus. 1976. 227pp.
Frieda Elaine Penninger. William Caxton. Twayne. 1979. 175pp.
George Parker Winship. William Caxton and His Work. London: Doves Press. 1909. Reprinted by Book Arts Club of California, Berkeley, 1937.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.279)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.274)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.76)
- British Authors Before 1800 (p.90)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.180)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.97)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.59)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.93)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.45)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.357)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications