Author (born 9-Feb-1944)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Erma Davis Banks; Keith Byerman. Alice Walker: An Annotated Bibliography, 1968-1986. New York: Garland. 1989.
Gerri Bates. Alice Walker: A Critical Companion. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press. 2005. 220pp.
Elliott Butler-Evans. Race, Gender, and Desire: Narrative Strategies in the Fiction of Toni Cade Bambara, Toni Morrison, and Alice Walker. Philadelphia, PA: Temple University Press. 1989. 232pp.
Ikenna Dieke (editor). Critical Essays on Alice Walker. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group. 1999. 240pp.
Henry Louis Gates, Jr.; Kwame Anthony Appiah (editors). Alice Walker: Critical Perspectives Past and Present. New York: Amistad. 1993. 368pp.
Lillie P. Howard (editor). Alice Walker and Zora Neale Hurston: The Common Bond. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press. 1993. 184pp.
Yvonne Johnson. The Voices of African American Women: The Use of Narrative and Authorial Voice in the Works of Harriet Jacobs, Zora Neale Hurston, and Alice Walker. Peter Lang Publishing. 1999. 157pp.
Louis H. Pratt; Darnell D. Pratt. Alice Malsenior Walker: An Annotated Bibliography. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press. 1988. 162pp.
Evelyn C. White. Alice Walker: A Life. New York: W. W. Norton & Company. 2004. 538pp.
Donna H. Winchell. Alice Walker. New York: Twayne. 1992.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.734)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.246)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.798)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.525)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.206)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1091)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.764)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.485)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.504)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.114)
- Almanac of American Women in the 20th Century (p.217)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.5, p.61)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.1123)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (pp.902-04)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.15)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications