Philosopher, Naturalist, Religion (29-Jan-1688 29-Mar-1772)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Henry Corbin. Translated by Leonard Fox. Swedenborg and Esoteric Islam. Swedenborg Foundation. 1995. 160pp.
Andrew M. T. Dibb. Servetus, Swedenborg and the Nature of God. University Press of America. 2005. 353pp.
George F. Dole; Robert H. Kirven. A Scientist Explores Spirit: A Biography of Emanuel Swedenborg with Key Concepts of His Theology. Atlasbooks. 1997. 99pp.
Inge Jonsson. Emanuel Swedenborg. Twayne. 1971. 224pp.
Martin Lamm. Translated by Tomas Spiers; Anders Hallengren. Emanuel Swedenborg: The Development of His Thought. Swedenborg Foundation. 2000. 354pp.
James John Garth Wilkinson. Emanuel Swedenborg: A Biography. Boston: Otis Clapp. 1849. 270pp.
Lynn R. Wilkinson. The Dream of an Absolute Language: Emanuel Swedenborg and French Literary Culture. SUNY Press. 1996. 332pp.
Benjamin Worcester. Swedenborg: Harbinger of the New Age of the Christian Church. J.B. Lippincott. 1910. 293pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1422)
- Who's Who in Aviation History (p.180)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (pp.899-901)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.997)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of Foreign Literature (p.259)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.473)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.661)
- Biographical Dictionary of American Cult and Sect Leaders (p.285)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.497)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.107)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications