Painter (16-Jul-1796 22-Feb-1875)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jean Leymarie. Corot: Biographical and Critical Study. Cleveland: Skira/World Publishing. 1966.
Everard Meynell. Corot and His Friends. London: Methuen. 1909. 296pp.
Alfred Robaut. L'Oeuvre de Corot. Paris, France: Henri Floury. 1905. (5 vols.)
Keith Roberts. Corot. London: Spring Books. 1966. 44pp. + 51 plates
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.348)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.229)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.124)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (pp.185-88)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.55)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.101)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.71)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications