Novelist (19-Sep-1911 19-Jun-1993)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Howard S. Babb. The Novels of William Golding. Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press. 1970. 210pp.
James R. Baker. William Golding: A Critical Study. New York: St. Martin's Press. 1965.
John Carey (editor). William Golding: The Man and His Books: A Tribute on His 75th Birthday. London: Faber and Faber. 1986. 191pp.
Gunnel Cleve. Elements of Mysticism in Three of William Golding's Novels. Finland: University of Turku. 1986. 388pp.
Paul Crawford. Politics and History in William Golding: The World Turned Upside Down. University of Missouri Press. 2002. 288pp.
Jeanne Delbaere (editor). William Golding: The Sound of Silence: A Belgian Tribute on his Eightieth Birthday. Liege, Belgium: Language & Literature. 1991. 195pp.
Bernard F. Dick. William Golding. New York: Twayne Publishers Inc.. 1967. 119pp.
L. L. Dickson. The Modern Allegories of William Golding. University of Southern Florida Press. 1990. 163pp.
R. A. Gekoski; P. A. Grogan. William Golding: A Bibliography, 1934-1993. London: André Deutsch. 1994. 158pp.
Arnold Johnston. Of Earth and Darkness: The Novels of William Golding. University of Missouri Press. 1980. 160pp.
Mark Kinkead-Weekes; Ian Gregor. William Golding. London: Faber and Faber. 2002. 400pp.
Kevin McCarron. The Coincidence of Opposites: William Golding's Later Fiction. New York, NY: Continuum International. 1995. 206pp.
Bernard S. Oldsey. The Art of William Golding. New York: Harcourt Brace & World. 1965. 178pp.
Philip Redpath. William Golding: A Structural Reading of His Fiction. Rowman & Littlefield. 1986. 222pp.
V. V. Subbarao. William Golding: A Critical Study. New York: Envoy Press. 1987. 156pp.
Virginia Tiger. William Golding: The Dark Fields of Discovery. London: Marion Boyars Publishers, Ltd.. 1974. 244pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.277)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.262)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.98)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.602)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.103)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.491-94)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.193)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.567-70)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.410)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.207)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.215)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.20)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications