Philosopher (c. 1220 1292)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Henry Bridges. Life and Work of Roger Bacon: An Introduction to the Opus Majus. London: Williams & Norgate. 1914. 173pp.
Brian Clegg. The First Scientist: The Visionary Genius of Roger Bacon. Constable Robinson. 2003. 288pp.
Theodore Crowley. Roger Bacon: The Problem of the Soul in His Physical Commentaries. Dublin, Ireland: James Duffy & Co.. 1950. 223pp.
Stewart C. Easton. Roger Bacon and His Search for a Universal Science: A Reconsideration of the Life and Work of Roger Bacon in the Light of His Own Stated Purposes. Columbia University Press. 1952. 255pp.
Stewart Copinger Easton. Roger Bacon and His Search for Universal Science. Basil Blackwell. 1952. 225pp.
A. G. Little (editor). Roger Bacon: Essays Contributed by Various Writers on the Occasion of the Commemoration of the Seventh Centenary of His Birth. Clarendon Press. 1914. 425pp.
H. Stanley Redgrove. Roger Bacon: The Father of Exprimental Science and Mediaeval Occultism. London: William Rider. 1920. 63pp. Reprinted in 2003 by Kessinger Publishing.
E. Westacott. Roger Bacon: In Life and Legend. New York: Philosophical Library. 1953. 140pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition (vol.3, pp.153-6)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.89)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.34)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.19)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.72)
- British Authors Before 1800 (p.20)
- The Catholic Encyclopedia (vol.13, pp.111-16)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.52)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.36)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.37)
- Biographical Dictionary of Psychology (p.24)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.27)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.31)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.45)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.14)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.100)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications