Military, Politician (23-May-1824 13-Sep-1881)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ben Perley Poore. Life and Public Services of Ambrose E. Burnside. Providence, RI: J. A. & R. A. Reid. 1882. 448pp.
Augustus Woodbury. Major-General Burnside and the Ninth Army Corps. Providence, RI: Sidney & Rider & Brothers. 1867. 554pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.234)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.155)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.115)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (pp.40-42)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.103)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.126)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.38)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications