Poet, Author, Critic (19-Nov-1899 9-Feb-1979)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ferman Bishop. Allen Tate. Twayne. 1967. 172pp.
John Tyree Fain; Thomas Daniel Young (editors). The Literary Correspondence of Donald Davidson and Allen Tate. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press. 1974. 442pp.
Mark G. Malvasi. The Unregenerate South: The Agrarian Thought of John Crowe Ransom, Allen Tate, and Donald Davidson. Louisiana State University Press. 1997. 261pp.
Marion Montgomery. John Crowe Ransom and Allen Tate: At Odds about the Ends of History and the Mystery of Nature. McFarland & Company. 2003.
John L. Stewart. The Fugitives and Agrarians: The Nashville Groups of the 1920's and 1930's, and the Writing of John Crowe Ransom, Allen Tate, and Robert Penn Warren. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press. 1966. 551pp.
Alphonse Vinh (editor). Cleanth Brooks and Allen Tate: Collected Letters, 1933-1976. University of Missouri Press. 1998. 278pp.
Reed Whittemore. Six Literary Lives: The Shared Impiety of Adams, London, Sinclair, Williams, Dos Passos, and Tate. University of Missouri Press. 1992. 280pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.689)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.745)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1433)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1019)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.315)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.1219-22)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.1385)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.745)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1009)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.204)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.719)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.318)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.116)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications