Dancer (5-Jan-1931 1-Dec-1989)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Alvin Ailey; with A. Peter Bailey. Revelations: The Autobiography of Alvin Ailey. Secaucus, NJ: Carol Publishing Group. 1995.
Thomas F. DeFrantz. Dancing Revelations: Alvin Ailey's Embodiment of African American Culture. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. 2004. 300pp.
Jennifer Dunning. Alvin Ailey: A Life in Dance. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley. 1996. 468pp.
Julia L. Foulkes. Modern Bodies: Dance and American Modernism from Martha Graham to Alvin Ailey. University of North Carolina Press. 2002. 272pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.7)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.9)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.19)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.456)
- Current Biography, 1968 Yearbook (pp.12-14)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.5)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.3)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.8)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.37)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.4)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.78)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications