Poet (9-Nov-1928 4-Oct-1974)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Frances Bixler (editor). Original Essays on the Poetry of Anne Sexton. Conway, AR: University of Central Arkansas Press. 1988.
J. D. Mc Clatchy (editor). Anne Sexton: The Artist and Her Critics. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press. 1978. 297pp.
Steven E. Colburn (editor). Anne Sexton: Telling the Tale. University of Michigan Press. 1988. 496pp.
Diana Hume George. Oedipus Anne: The Poetry of Anne Sexton. Baltimore, MD: University of Illinois Press. 1987. 210pp.
Diana Hume George (editor). Sexton: Selected Criticism. University of Illinois Press. 1988. 326pp.
Barnard Hall; Caroline King. Ann Sexton. Boston, MA: Twayne. 1989.
Philip McGowan. Anne Sexton and Middle Generation Poetry: The Geography of Grief. Westport, CT: Praeger/Greenwood Publishing Group. 2004. 168pp.
Diane Middlebrook. Anne Sexton: A Biography. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 1991. 488pp. Authorized biography.
Cameron Northouse. Sylvia Plath and Anne Sexton: A Reference Guide. Boston, MA: G. K. Hall. 1974.
Linda Gray Sexton. Searching For Mercy Street: My Journey Back to My Mother, Anne Sexton. Boston: Little, Brown. 1994.
Linda Gray Sexton; Lois Ames (editors). Anne Sexton: A Self-Portrait in Letters. 1977.
Cassie Premo Steele. We Heal from Memory: Sexton, Lorde, Anzaldua, and the Poetry of Witness. Palgrave Macmillan. 2000. 240pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1330)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.216)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.683)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.1284-86)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.934)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.661)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.424)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.448)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.969)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.292)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.792)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.13)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications