|Louisa May Alcott|
Author (29-Nov-1832 6-Mar-1888)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Katharine Susan Anthony. Louisa May Alcott. New York: Knopf. 1938.
Madelon Bedell. The Alcotts: Biography of a Family. New York: Clarkson N. Potter. 1980.
Ednah D. Cheney (editor). Louisa May Alcott: Her Life, Letters and Journals. Boston, MA: Roberts Brothers. 1889. 404pp.
Beverly Lyon Clark (editor). Louisa May Alcott: The Contemporary Reviews. Cambridge University Press. 2004. 420pp.
Gregory K. Eiselein. The Louisa May Alcott Encyclopedia. Greenwood Publishing Group. 2001.
Sarah Elbert. American Prejudice Against Color: William G. Allen, Mary King, and Louisa May Alcott. Northeastern University Press. 2002. 224pp.
Sarah Elbert. A Hunger For Love: Louisa May Alcott's Place In American Culture. Rutgers University Press. 1987.
Sarah Elbert. A Hunger for Home: Louisa May Alcott and Little Women. Temple University Press. 1984. 278pp.
Lucile Gulliver. Louisa May Alcott: A Bibliography. Boston, MA: Little, Brown & Co.. 1932. 71pp.
Elizabeth Lennox Keyser. Whispers in the Dark: The Fiction of Louisa May Alcott. University of Tennessee Press. 1993. 228pp.
Joy A. Marsella. The Promise of Destiny: Children and Women in the Short Stories of Louisa May Alcott. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group. 1983.
Cornelia Meigs. Louisa M. Alcott and the American Family Story. New York: Henry Walck. 1971. 127pp.
Alma J. Payne. Louisa May Alcott: A Reference Guide. Boston, MA: G. K. Hall. 1980.
Martha Saxton. Louisa May Alcott: A Modern Biography. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 1977. 428pp.
Madeleine B. Stern. Louisa May Alcott: A Biography. University of Oklahoma Press. 1950. 424pp.
Charles Strickland. Victorian Domesticity: Families in the Life and Art of Louisa May Alcott. University of Alabama Press. 2003. 240pp.
Marjorie Worthington. Miss Alcott of Concord: A Biography. Garden City, NY: Doubleday. 1958. 330pp.
- Official Website: http://www.louisamayalcott.org/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.11)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.25)
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.9)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.25)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.19)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.7)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.8)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (pp.18-19)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.17)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.7)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.21)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.9)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.10)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.5)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.12)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.12)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.11)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.13)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.12)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.44)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.5)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.1)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications