Actor (26-Feb-1916 24-Jun-1987)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James Bacon. How Sweet It Is: The Jackie Gleason Story. New York: St. Martin's Press. 1985. 207pp.
Jim Bishop. The Golden Ham: A Candid Biography of Jackie Gleason. New York: Simon & Schuster. 1956. 298pp.
William A. Henry III. The Great One: The Life and Legend of Jackie Gleason. New York: Doubleday. 1992. 321pp.
W. J. Weatherby. Jackie Gleason: An Intimate Portrait of the Great One. New York: Pharos Books. 1992. 253pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.550)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.259)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.404)
- Quinlan's Illustrated Registry of Film Stars (p.187)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.221)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.195)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.190)
- Les Brown's Encyclopedia of Television (p.224)
- The Encyclopedia of Television (vol.2, pp.692-94)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.2, pp.245-47)
- The New York Times Encyclopedia of Television (p.171)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.334)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications