|A. E. Housman|
Poet, Educator, Critic (26-Mar-1859 30-Apr-1936)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jeremy Bourne. The Westerly Wanderer: A Brief Portrait of A. E. Housman Author of 'A Shropshire Lad', 1896-1996. Housman Society. 1996. 127pp.
Archie Burnett (editor). The Letters of A. E. Housman. Oxford University Press. 2007. 960pp.
Carol Efrati. The Road of Danger, Guilt, and Shame: The Lonely Way of A.E. Housman. Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. 2002. 370pp.
Andrew Sydenham Farrar Gow. A. E. Housman: A Sketch, Together with a List of His Writings and Indexes to His Classical Papers. The University Press. 1936. 136pp.
Richard Percival Graves. A. E. Housman: The Scholar-Poet. London: Routledge & Kegan Paul. 1979. 304pp.
Tom Burns Haber. A. E. Housman. Twayne. 1967. 223pp.
Maude M. Hawkins. A. E. Housman: Man Behind a Mask. Chicago, IL: Henry Regnery. 1958. 306pp.
Terence Allan Hoagwood. A. E. Housman Revisited. Twayne. 1995. 130pp.
Alan W. Holden; J. Roy Birch (editors). A. E. Housman: A Reassessment. Macmillan. 2000. 225pp.
Laurence Housman. My Brother, A. E. Housman: Personal Recollections Together with Thirty Hitherto Unpublished Poems. Kennikat Press. 1969. 286pp.
Clyde Kenneth Hyder. A Concordance to the Poems of A. E. Housman. P. Smith. 1966. 133pp.
Keith Jebb. A. E. Housman. Seren. 1992. 147pp.
Bobby Joe Leggett. The Poetic Art of A. E. Housman: Theory and Practice. Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press. 1978. 161pp.
Norman Marlow. A. E. Housman: Scholar and Poet. University of Minnesota Press. 1958. 192pp.
P. G. Naiditch. A. E. Housman at University College, London: The Election of 1892. Brill. 1988. 261pp.
P. G. Naiditch. Problems in the Life and Writings of A. E. Housman. Krown & Spellman. 1995. 244pp.
P. G. Naiditch. Additional Problems in the Life and Writings of A. E. Housman. Los Angeles: Sam Johnson's Book Shop. 2005. 210pp.
Norman Page. A. E. Housman: A Critical Biography. Palgrave Macmillan. 1985. 272pp.
Christopher B. Ricks (editor). A. E. Housman: A Collection of Critical Essays. Prentice-Hall. 1968. 182pp.
George L. Watson. A. E. Housman: A Divided Life. R. Hart-Davis. 1957. 235pp.
Percy Withers. A Buried Life: Personal Recollections of A. E. Housman. J. Cape. 1940. 133pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.342)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.324)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.737)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.115)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.121)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.672)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.99)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.486)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.244)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.151)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.262)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.21)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.228)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications