Actor, Film Director (4-Feb-1918 3-Aug-1995)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William Donati. Ida Lupino: A Biography. University Press of Kentucky. 1996. 323pp.
Annette Kuhn. Queen of the 'B's: Ida Lupino Behind the Camera. Greenwood Publishing Group. 1995. 202pp.
Lucy A. Stewart. Ida Lupino as Film Director, 1949-1953: An Auteur Approach. Arno Press. 1980. 199pp.
Jerry Vermilye. Ida Lupino. Pyramid Publications. 1977. 160pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.460)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.346)
- Quinlan's Illustrated Registry of Film Stars (p.295)
- Chambers Film and TV Handbook (p.205)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.342)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.257)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.542)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (pp.541-44)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.290)
- The Encyclopedia of Television (vol.2, pp.974-77)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.3, p.215)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.336)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.882)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.315)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications