|John Kenneth Galbraith|
Economist, Diplomat (15-Oct-1908 29-Apr-2006)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Kenneth Galbraith. A Life in Our Times: Memoirs. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 1981. 563pp.
John Kenneth Galbraith. Ambassador's Journal: A Personal Account of the Kennedy Years. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 1969. 656pp.
John S. Gambs. John Kenneth Galbraith. Boston: Twayne Publishers. 1975. 131pp.
Peggy Lamson. Speaking of Galbraith: A Personal Portrait. New York: Ticknor and Fields. 1991. 236pp.
Richard Parker. John Kenneth Galbraith: His Life, His Politics, His Economics. New York: Farrar Straus & Giroux. 2005. 820pp.
Frederick J. Pratson. Perspectives on Galbraith: Conversations and Opinions. Boston: CBI Publishing. 1978. 269pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.416)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.253)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.242)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.561)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.379)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.185)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.179)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.519-21)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.380)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.260)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.537)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.197)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.192)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Left (vol.1, p.339)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.212)
- Notable U.S. Ambassadors Since 1775 (pp.112-16)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.112)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications