Poet, Critic (27-Mar-1923 14-Sep-2012)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Hank Lazer (editor). On Louis Simpson: Depths Beyond Happiness. University of Michigan Press. 1988. 398pp.
George S. Lensing. Four Poets and the Emotive Imagination: Robert Bly, James Wright, Louis Simpson and William Stafford. Louisiana State University Press. 1976. 223pp.
Ronald Moran. Louis Simpson. Twayne. 1972. 187pp.
William H. Roberson. Louis Simpson: A Reference Guide. G. K. Hall. 1980. 172pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.692)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.1313-15)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.949)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.297)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.14)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications