|T. E. Lawrence|
Author, Spy, Diplomat (16-Aug-1888 19-May-1935)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Richard Aldington. Lawrence of Arabia: A Biographical Enquiry. Chicago: Henry Regnery. 1955.
Flora Armitage. The Desert and the Stars: A Biography of Lawrence of Arabia. New York: Henry Holt & Co.. 1955. 318pp.
Frank Clements. T. E. Lawrence: A Reader's Guide. Newton Abbot, England: David & Charles. 1972. 208pp.
Elizabeth W. Duval. T. E. Lawrence: A Bibliography. New York: Arrow Editions. 1938. 96pp. Contains 159 entries.
Bruce Leigh. Lawrence: Warrior and Scholar. Tattered Flag. 2014. 120pp.
Jeffrey Meyers. T. E. Lawrence: A Bibliography. New York and London: Garland. 1974. 48pp.
Anthony Nutting. Lawrence of Arabia: The Man and the Motive. New York: Clarkson N. Potter. 1961. 256pp.
Philip M. O'Brien. T. E. Lawrence: A Bibliography. Boston: G. K. Hall. 1988. 724pp. Also a revised edition in 1998.
Desmond Stewart. T. E. Lawrence. London: Hamish Hamilton. 1977. 352pp.
Stephen Ely Tabachnick. T. E. Lawrence. Twayne. 1978. 174pp.
Michael Yardley. A Biography T. E. Lawrence. New York: Stein and Day. 1987.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.430)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.404)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.869)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.143)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.798)
- Authors Today and Yesterday (pp.393-96)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.585)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (p.226)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.427)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.292)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.198)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.307)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2015 Soylent Communications