Chef (15-Aug-1912 13-Aug-2004)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Nancy Verde Barr. Backstage with Julia: My Years with Julia Child. John Wiley and Sons. 2007. 285pp.
Julia Child; with Alex Prud'homme. My Life in France. Alfred A. Knopf. 2006. 317pp.
Jennet Conant. A Covert Affair: Julia Child and Paul Child in the OSS. Simon and Schuster. 2011. 395pp.
Noel Riley Fitch. Appetite for Life: The Biography of Julia Child. Doubleday. 1997. 569pp.
Joan Reardon. M.F.K. Fisher, Julia Child, and Alice Waters: Celebrating the Pleasures of the Table. Harmony Books. 1994. 302pp.
Laura Shapiro. Julia Child. Penguin Group. 2007. 185pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.138)
- Current Biography, 1967 Yearbook (pp.66-69)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.102)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.95)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.131)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.121)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, pp.496-98)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.122)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.48)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.357)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications