Critic (16-Oct-1906 10-May-1994)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James A. Grimshaw (editor). Cleanth Brooks and Robert Penn Warren: A Literary Correspondence. University of Missouri Press. 1998. 444pp.
Lewis P. Simpson. The Possibilities of Order: Cleanth Brooks and His Work. Louisiana State University Press. 1976. 254pp.
Alphonse Vinh (editor). Cleanth Brooks and Allen Tate: Collected Letters, 1933-1976. University of Missouri Press. 1998. 278pp.
John Michael Walsh. Cleanth Brooks: An Annotated Bibliography. Garland. 1990. 438pp.
Mark Royden Winchell. Cleanth Brooks and the Rise of Modern Criticism. University of Virginia Press. 1996. 510pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.139)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.90)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.98)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.272)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.56)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications