Historian (24-Jun-1848 13-Feb-1927)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Thornton Anderson. Brooks Adams: Constructive Conservative. Cornell University Press. 1951. 250pp.
Arthur F. Beringause. Brooks Adams: A Biography. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 1955. 404pp.
Timothy Paul Donovan. Henry Adams and Brooks Adams: The Education of Two American Historians. University of Oklahoma Press. 1961. 220pp.
Abigail Adams Homans. Education By Uncles: Henry, Brooks and Charles Francis Adams as remembered by their Niece. Houghton Mifflin Co.. 1966. 149pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.4)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.4)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.5)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.9)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.6)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.4)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.5)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.4)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.3)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.109)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications