Poet (23-Oct-1844 21-Apr-1930)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Claude Colleer Abbott (editor). The Letters of Gerard Manley Hopkins to Robert Bridges. London: Oxford University Press. 1933. 322pp. 171 letters.
Richard J. Finneran (editor). The Correspondence of Robert Bridges and W. B. Yeats. Toronto: Macmillan. 1977. 68pp.
George Stuart Gordon. Robert Bridges. Cambridge University Press. 1947.
Albert J. Guerard. Robert Bridges: A Study of Traditionalism in Poetry. Harvard University Press. 1942. 332pp.
Lee Templin Hamilton. Robert Bridges: An Annotated Bibliography, 1873-1988. Newark, NJ: University of Delaware Press. 1991. 243pp.
George L. McKay. A Bibliography of Robert Bridges. London: Oxford University Press. 1933. 216pp.
Catherine Phillips. Robert Bridges: A Biography. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. 1992. 364pp.
Jean-Georges Ritz. Robert Bridges and Gerald Hopkins, 1863-1889: A Literary Friendship. London: Oxford University Press. 1960. 182pp.
Donald E. Standford. In the Classic Mode: The Achievement of Robert Bridges. University of Delaware Press. 1978. 343pp.
Edward G. Thompson. Robert Bridges, 1844-1930. London: Oxford University Press. 1944. 132pp.
Francis Brett Young. Robert Bridges: A Critical Study. Secker. 1914. 215pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.135)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.71)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.87)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.47)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.63)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.33)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.87)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.53)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications