Explorer (18-Aug-1774 11-Oct-1809)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Stephen E. Ambrose. Undaunted Courage: Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, and the Opening of the American West. Simon & Schuster. 1996. 511pp.
Richard Dillon. Meriwether Lewis: A Biography. New York: Coward-McCann. 1965. 365pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.681)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.438)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.892)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.628)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.424)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.441)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.300)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.406)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.565)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.159)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications