Explorer (c. 1450 1499)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
David Boyle. Toward the Setting Sun: Columbus, Cabot, Vespucci, and the Race for America. New York: Walker & Co.. 2008. 421pp.
Henry Harrisse. John Cabot, the Discoverer of North-America and Sebastian, His Son: A Chapter of the Maritime History of England Under the Tudors, 1496-1557. London: Benjamin Franklin Stevens. 1896. 503pp.
Frederick A. Ober. John and Sebastian Cabot. New York and London: Harper & Brothers. 1908. 299pp.
Francesco Tarducci. John and Sebastian Cabot: Biographical Notice, with Documents. H. F. Brownson. 1893. 409pp.
G. E. Weare. Cabot's Discovery of North America. London: John MacQueen. 1897. 343pp.
George Parker Winship. Cabot Bibliography: With an Introductory Essay on the Careers of the Cabots Based Upon an Independent Examination of the Sources of Information. New York: Dodd, Mead and Company. 1900. 180pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.242)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.164)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.158)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.83)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.96)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.49)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.39)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.161)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications