Physicist (29-Nov-1803 17-Mar-1853)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Alec Eden. The Search for Christian Doppler. New York: Springer-Verlag. 1992. 136pp.
Helmuth Grössing; Karl Kadletz. Christian Doppler, 1803-1853. Vienna: Böhlau. 1992. 186pp.
Peter Maria Schuster. Moving the Stars: Christian Doppler, His Life, His Works and Principle, and World After. Pöllauberg, Austria: Living Edition. 2005. 232pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.431)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.219)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.153)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.191)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.134)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.155)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.69)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.152)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications