Poet (27-Jun-1926 25-Jul-1966)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jim Elledge (editor). Frank O'Hara: To Be True to a City. University of Michigan Press. 1990. 399pp.
Alan Feldman. Frank O'Hara. Twayne. 1979. 172pp.
Russell Ferguson. In Memory of My Feelings: Frank O'Hara and American Art. University of California Press. 1999. 160pp.
Brad Gooch. City Poet: The Life and Times of Frank O'Hara. Random House. 1993. 532pp.
Joe LeSueur. Digressions on Some Poems by Frank O'Hara. Farrar, Straus, and Giroux. 2003. 305pp.
Marjorie Perloff. Frank O'Hara: Poet Among Painters. George Braziller. 1977. 234pp. Also a revised edition in 1998.
Sarah Riggs. Word Sightings: Poetry and Visual Media in Stevens, Bishop, and O'Hara. Routledge. 2002. 134pp.
Lytle Shaw. Frank O'Hara: The Poetics of Coterie. University of Iowa Press. 2006. 332pp.
Hazel Smith. Hyperscapes in the Poetry of Frank O'Hara: Difference, Homosexuality, Topography. Liverpool University Press. 2000. 230pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.180)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.553)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.149)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.1083-84)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.751)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.543)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.236)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications