|Sir Thomas Browne|
Author, Doctor (19-Oct-1605 19-Oct-1682)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Joan Bennett. Sir Thomas Browne: A Man of Achievement in Literature. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press. 1962. 247pp.
William P. Dunn. Sir Thomas Browne: A Study of Religious Philosophy. Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Press. 1950. Second edition.
Jeremiah Stanton Finch. Sir Thomas Browne: A Doctor's Life of Science & Faith. New York: Henry Schuman. 1950. 317pp.
Edmund Gosse. Sir Thomas Browne. London: Macmillan & Co.. 1905. 215pp.
Daniela Havenstein. Democratizing Sir Thomas Browne: Religio Medici and Its Imitations. Oxford University Press. 2000. 248pp.
Frank Livingstone Huntley. Sir Thomas Browne: A Biographical and Critical Study. Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan Press. 1962. 283pp.
Geoffrey L. Keynes. A Bibliography of Sir Thomas Browne. Oxford, England: Cambridge University Press. 1924. 255pp. Also a second edition in 1968, augmented, of 293pp.
Leonard Nathanson. The Strategy of Truth: A Study of Sir Thomas Browne. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press. 1967. 241pp.
Jonathan F. S. Post. Sir Thomas Browne. Twayne. 1987. 189pp.
Claire Preston. Thomas Browne and the Writing of Early Modern Science. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press. 2005. 264pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.215)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.50)
- British Authors Before 1800 (pp.60-62)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.141)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.74)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.95)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.77)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.42)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.69)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.73)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications