Painter (7-Dec-1892 24-Jun-1964)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Patricia Hills. Stuart Davis. New York: Harry N. Abrams. 1996. 160pp.
John R. Lane. Stuart Davis: Art and Art Theory. Brooklyn: Brooklyn Museum. 1978. 216pp.
Lowery Stokes Sims. Stuart Davis: American Painter. New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art. 1991. 333pp.
Karen Wilkin. Stuart Davis. New York: Abbeville Press. 1987. 248pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.269)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.172)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.169)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.394)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.259)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.138)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.62)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications