Conductor (17-Dec-1894 10-Jul-1979)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Harry Ellis Dickson. Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops: An Irreverent Memoir. Houghton Mifflin. 1981. 174pp.
Johana Fiedler. Arthur Fiedler: Papa, the Pops and Me. Doubleday. 1994. 268pp.
Robin Moore. Fiedler: The Colorful Mr. Pops: The Man and His Music. Little, Brown. 1968. 372pp.
Carol Green Wilson. Arthur Fiedler: Music for the Millions: The Story of the Conductor of the Boston Pops Orchestra. Evans Publishing Co.. 1968. 223pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.228)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.220)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.234)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.338)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.167)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.296)
- Who's Who in World Jewry 1965 (p.250)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.297)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.79)
- Musicians Since 1900 (pp.238-42)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.155)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications