|F. O. Matthiessen|
Critic (19-Feb-1902 1-Apr-1950)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William E. Cain. F. O. Matthiessen and the Politics of Criticism. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin Press. 1988. 238pp.
Giles B. Gunn. F. O. Matthiessen: The Critical Achievement. Seattle, WA: University of Washington Press. 1975. 210pp.
Louis Hyde (editor). Rat & the Devil: Journal Letters of F O Matthiessen and Russell Cheney. Alyson Publications. 1988. 408pp.
Frederick C. Stern. F. O. Matthiessen: Christian Socialist as Critic. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press. 1981. 281pp.
Paul M. Sweezy; Leo Huberman (editors). F. O. Matthiessen (1902-1950): A Collective Portrait. New York: Henry Schuman. 1950. 154pp. Previously published in the Monthly Review, October, 1950.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.274)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.933)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.481)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.135)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.297)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.663)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.480)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications