Actor (2-Apr-1914 5-Aug-2000)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Alec Guinness. My Name Escapes Me: The Diary of a Retiring Actor. Hamish Hamilton. 1996. 214pp.
Piers Paul Read. Alec Guinness: The Authorised Biography. New York: Simon and Schuster. 2005. 632pp.
Robert Tanitch. Guinness. New York, NY: Applause Theatre Book Publishers. 1997.
John Russell Taylor. Alec Guinness: A Celebration. Boston: Little, Brown and Company. 1984.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.590)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.278)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.638)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.252)
- Quinlan's Illustrated Registry of Film Stars (p.198)
- Chambers Film and TV Handbook (p.140)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.241)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.215)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.206)
- Celebrity Register 5th Issue (p.232)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.362)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.216)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.313)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications