Inventor, Business, Philanthropist (21-Oct-1833 10-Dec-1896)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Erik Bergengren. Translated by Alan Blair (from Swedish). Alfred Nobel: The Man and His Work. London: Thomas Nelson & Sons.. 1962. 222pp.
Michael Evlanoff; Marjorie Flour. Alfred Nobel: The Loneliest Millionaire. Los Angeles: The Ward Ritchie Press. 1969. 336pp.
Kenne Fant. Translated by Marianne Ruuth (from Swedish). Alfred Nobel: A Biography. 1993. 342pp.
Nicholas Halasz. Nobel: A Biography of Alfred Nobel. New York: Orion. 1959. 284pp.
Herta E. Pauli. Alfred Nobel: Dynamite King: Architect of Peace. New York: L.B. Fischer. 1942. 325pp.
Ragnar Sohlman; Henrik Schück. Translated by Brian Lunn; Beatrix Lunn. The Life of Alfred Nobel. London: William Heinemann Medical Books. 1929. 353pp.
- Alfred Nobel and the Prize That Almost Didn't Happen
by Lawrence K. Altman. The New York Times, 26-Sep-2006.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1085)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.735)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.271)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.372)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.250)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.358)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.379)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.335)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2017 Soylent Communications