|Patrick M. S. Blackett|
Physicist, Activist (18-Nov-1897 13-Jul-1974)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Peter Hore (editor). Patrick Blackett: Sailor, Scientist, and Socialist. London: Frank Cass Publishers. 2003. 288pp. Essays about Blackett.
Bernard Lovell. P. M. S. Blackett: A Biographical Memoir. London: The Royal Society. 1976. 115pp.
Mary Jo Nye. Blackett: Physics, War, and Politics in the Twentieth Century. Harvard University Press. 2004. 255pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.74)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.77)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.160)
- A Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.12)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.465)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.56)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.74)
- The Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.43)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.55)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.63)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.64)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.135)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications