Head of State (16-Mar-1751 28-Jun-1836)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Lance Banning. The Sacred Fire of Liberty: James Madison and the Founding of the Federal Republic. Cornell University Press. 1995. 543pp.
Irving Brant. James Madison. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill. 1941-61. (6 vols.)
Richard Brookhiser. James Madison. Basic Books. 2011. 304pp.
Andrew Burstein; Nancy Isenberg. Madison and Jefferson. New York: Random House. 2010. 848pp.
Ralph L. Ketcham. James Madison: A Biography. New York: Macmillan. 1971.
Drew R. McCoy. The Last of the Fathers: James Madison and the Republican Legacy. Cambridge University Press. 1989. 386pp.
William Lee Miller. The Business of May Next: James Madison and the Founding. University of Virginia Press. 1992. 296pp.
Richard B. Morris. Witnesses at the Creation: Hamilton, Madison, Jay, and the Constitution. New York: Henry Holt. 1985. 279pp.
Robert Allen Rutland. The Presidency of James Madison. University Press of Kansas. 1990.
Garry Wills. James Madison. New York: Times Books. 2002.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.734)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.951)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.680)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.320)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.462)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.633)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.466)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.434)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (pp.627-30)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.179)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2015 Soylent Communications