Physicist (27-May-1897 18-Sep-1967)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Guy Hartcup and T. E. Allibone. Cockcroft and the Atom. Bristol, England: Hilger. 1983. 320pp.
Brian Cathcart. The Fly in the Cathedral: How A Small Group of Cambridge Scientists Won the Race to Split the Atom. London: Viking Press. 2004. 288pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.152)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.145)
- A Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.36)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.463)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.137)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.117)
- Obituaries from the Times 1961-1970 (p.154)
- The Biographical Dictionary of World War II (p.100)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.102)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.136)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications