Author (1672 1-Sep-1729)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
George A. Aitken. The Life of Richard Steele. London: Wm. Isbister. 1889. (2 vols.)
Edward A. Bloom; Lillian D. Bloom (editors). Joseph Addison and Richard Steele: The Critical Heritage. Routledge. 1996. 480pp.
Willard Connely. Sir Richard Steele. New York: Scribner's. 1934. 462pp.
Richard H. Dammers. Richard Steele. Twayne. 1982. 160pp.
Austin Dobson. Richard Steele. London: Longmans, Green and Co.. 1888. 240pp.
A. R. Humphreys. Steele, Addison, and Their Periodical Essays. Longmans, Green. 1959. 46pp. For the British Council.
Henry R. Montgomery. Memoirs of the Life and Writings of Sir Richard Steele: Soldier, Dramatist, Essayist, and Patriot, with His Correspondence, and Notices of His Contemporaries, the Wits and Statesmen of Queen Anne's Time. Edinburgh: William P. Nimmo. 1865. (2 vols.)
Calhoun Winton. Captain Steele: The Early Career of Richard Steele. Johns Hopkins Press. 1964. 225pp.
Calhoun Winton. Sir Richard Steele, M.P.: The Later Career. Johns Hopkins Press. 1970. 265pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1390)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.314)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.357)
- British Authors Before 1800 (pp.490-92)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.978)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.465)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.649)
- The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama (p.814)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.281)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.25)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications