Religion (25-Sep-1627 12-Apr-1704)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
H. L. Sidney Lear. Bossuet and his Contemporaries. London: Rivingtons. 1877. 601pp.
E. E. Reynolds. Bossuet: A Biography of the Great Religious Leader and Statesman of Seventeenth-Century France. Garden City, NY: Doubleday. 1963. 285pp.
Ernest Edwin Reynolds. Bossuet. Garden City, NY: Doubleday. 1963.
J. J. E. Roy. Histoire de Bossuet, Eveque de Meaux. Tours, France: A.D. Mame et Cie. 1838. 308pp.
Ella Katharine Sanders. Jacques Bénigne Bossuet: A Study. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge. 1921. 408pp.
W. J. Sparrow Simpson. A Study of Bossuet. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge. 1937. 226pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.183)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (p.115)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.125)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.64)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of Foreign Literature (p.33)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.76)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.37)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications