Explorer (1580 21-Jun-1631)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Paul Lewis. The Great Rogue: A Biography of Captain John Smith. Philadelphia: David McKay. 1966. 306pp.
David A. Price. Love and Hate in Jamestown: John Smith, Pocahontas, and the Heart of a New Nation. London: Faber and Faber. 2003. 395pp.
Henry Wharton. The Life of John Smith, English Soldier. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press. 1957. 101pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1035)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1363)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.961)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.698)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.698)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.957)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.457)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.634)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.973)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.276)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.185)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications