|Leon Battista Alberti|
Architect, Scholar (14-Feb-1404 25-Apr-1472)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Joan Gadol. Leon Battista Alberti: Universal Man of the Early Renaissance. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press. 1969. 266pp.
Anthony Grafton. Leon Battista Alberti: Master Builder of the Italian Renaissance. New York: Hill & Wang. 2000.
Girolamo Mancini. Vita di Leon Battista Alberti. Florence, Italy: Sansoni. 1882. 572pp. Language: Italian.
Paul Henri Michel. Un idéal humain au XVe siècle: La pensée de Léon-Baptiste Alberti. 1930.
Adrian Stokes. Art and Science: A Study of Alberti, Piero Della Francesca and Giorgione. London: Faber and Faber. 1949. 75pp.
Robert Tavernor. On Alberti and the Art of Building. Yale University Press. 1998. 278pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.8)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.23)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.7)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.19)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.12)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.60)
- A Biographical Dictionary of Scientists (p.6)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.11)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.68)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications