Poet (6-Dec-1886 30-Jul-1918)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Harry J. Cargas. I Lay Down My Life: A Biography of Joyce Kilmer. Boston, MA: St. Paul Editions. 1964. 122pp.
Robert Cortes Holliday. Joyce Kilmer: Poems, Essays, and Letters. New York: George H. Doran. 1918. (2 vols.) 271pp. + 290pp. Volume I, memoir and poems. Volume II, prose works.
Annie Kilburn Kilmer. Memories of My Son, Sergeant Joyce Kilmer. New York: Brentano's. 1920. 141pp.
Nora Smaridge. Pen and Bayonet: The Story of Joyce Kilmer. New York: Hawthorne Books. 1962. 187pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.233)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.762)
- Authors Today and Yesterday (pp.376-79)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.399)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.557)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.585)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.8)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications