|Vincent van Gogh|
Painter (30-Mar-1853 29-Jul-1890)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Philip Callow. Van Gogh: A Life. Chicago: Ivan R. Dee. 1990. 295pp.
Cliff Edwards. Van Gogh and God: A Creative Spiritual Quest. Loyola Press. 1989. 219pp.
Derek Fell. Van Gogh's Women: His Love Affairs and Journey into Madness. London: Robson Books Ltd.. 2005.
Lawrence Hanson; Elizabeth Hanson. The Post-Impressionists: Cezanne, Gauguin, Van Gogh. London: Cassel & Company. 1963. 317pp.
Steven Naifeh; Gregory White Smith. Van Gogh: The Life. Profile Books. 2011. 912pp.
Shlomo Giora Shoham. Art, Crime, and Madness: Gesualdo, Caravaggio, Genet, Van Gogh, Artaud. Sussex Academic Press. 2003. 223pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1496)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1069)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.206)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.466)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.73)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications