Attorney (18-Apr-1857 13-Mar-1938)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Geoffrey Cowan. The People v. Clarence Darrow: The Bribery Trial of America's Greatest Lawyer. New York: Random House. 1993. 546pp.
Clarence Darrow. The Story of My Life. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons. 1932. 456pp.
John A. Farrell. Clarence Darrow: Attorney for the Damned. Doubleday. 2011. 576pp.
Miriam Gurko. Clarence Darrow. New York: Thomas Y. Crowell. 1965. 280pp.
Willard D. Hunsberger. Clarence Darrow: A Bibliography. Scarecrow Press. 1981. 215pp.
Richard J. Jensen. Clarence Darrow: The Creation of an American Myth. Greenwood Press. 1992. 352pp.
Mike Papantonio. Clarence Darrow, the Journeyman: Lessons for the Modern Lawyer. Pensacola, FL: Seville Publishing. 1997. 255pp.
David Stannard. Honor Killing: Race, Rape, and Clarence Darrow's Spectacular Last Case. Penguin. 2006. 496pp.
Irving Stone. Clarence Darrow: For the Defense. New York: Doubleday. 1941. 570pp.
Kevin Tierney. Darrow: A Biography. New York: Thomas Y. Crowell. 1979. 490pp.
Phyllis Vine. One Man's Castle: Clarence Darrow in Defense of the American Dream. HarperCollins. 2004. 337pp. The case of Ossian Sweet.
Arthur Weinberg; Lila Weinberg. Clarence Darrow: A Sentimental Rebel. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1980. 462pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.263)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.166)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.386)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.253)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.349)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.184)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.252)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.174)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.135)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.215)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.660)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.61)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.357)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2015 Soylent Communications