Artist, Poet (24-Mar-1834 3-Oct-1896)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jack Lindsay. William Morris: His Life and Work. Constable. 1975.
Charlotte H. Oberg. A Pagan Prophet: William Morris. University Press of Virginia. 1978. 189pp.
E. P. Thompson. William Morris: Romantic to Revolutionary. London: Lawrence & Wishart. 1955. 908pp.
Paul Thompson. The Work of William Morris. New York: Viking Press. 1967. 336pp.
Iain Zaczek. William Morris. Parragon. 2001.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1043)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.280)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.704)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.354)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.485)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.378)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.361)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.323)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.75)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2015 Soylent Communications