Track and Field (12-Sep-1913 31-Mar-1980)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William J. Baker. Jesse Owens: An American Life. The Free Press. 1986. 237pp.
Donald McRae. In Black & White: The Untold Story of Joe Louis and Jesse Owens. Scribner. 2002. 415pp.
Jesse Owens; with Paul G. Neimark. The Jesse Owens Story. Putnam. 1970. 109pp. Alternative title, Blackthink: My Life as Black Man and White Man.
Jeremy Schaap. Triumph: The Untold Story of Jesse Owens and Hitler's Olympics. Houghton Mifflin. 2007. 272pp.
- Official Website: http://www.jesseowens.com/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.851)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.536)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1115)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.787)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.551)
- 100 Greatest African Americans: A Biographical Encyclopedia (pp.238-41)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.381)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.2, pp.213-16)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.534)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.3, p.583)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.877)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.269)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications