Sculptor (10-Jan-1903 20-May-1975)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Alan Bowness (editor). The Complete Sculpture of Barbara Hepworth. London: Lund Humphries. 1971. 222pp.
Penelope Curtis; Alan G. Wilkinson. Barbara Hepworth: A Retrospective. Tate Gallery. 1994. 168pp.
Sally Festing. Barbara Hepworth: A Life of Forms. London: Viking Press. 1995. 343pp.
Matthew Gale; Chris Stephens. Barbara Hepworth: Works in the Tate Gallery Collection and the Barbara Hepworth Museum St. Ives. London: Tate Gallery. 1999. 296pp.
Margaret Gardiner. Barbara Hepworth: A Memoir. Edinburgh, Scotland: Salamander Press. 1982. 63pp.
A. M. Hammacher. Barbara Hepworth. London: Thames and Hudson. 1968. 216pp.
Barbara Hepworth. Barbara Hepworth: Drawings from a Sculptor's Landscape. London: Cory Adams & Mackay. 1966. 40pp. + 76 plates
Barbara Hepworth. Barbara Hepworth: A Pictorial Autobiography. Bath, England: Adams & Dart. 1970. 127pp.
J. P. Hodin. Barbara Hepworth. New York: David McKay Co.. 1961. 172pp.
Herbert Read. Barbara Hepworth: Carvings and Drawings. London: Lund Humphries. 1952.
Chris Stephens (editor). Barbara Hepworth: Centenary. Tate Gallery. 2003. 160pp.
David Thistlewood. Barbara Hepworth Reconsidered. Liverpool University & Tate Gallery Liverpool. 1996. 262pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.320)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.305)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.699)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.400)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.220)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.232)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.255)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.73)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications